A PERFECT GETAWAY

The Hamilton Inn (originally known as New Inn) was built in 1826 by William Roadknight, a pardoned convict who became the town's constable, mill owner and post master. The Inn was first licensed in 1836 by its new owner John Mowat.
The building retains its orginal 1820's charm, incorporating modern facilities and communications. The Inn is one the earliest coaching Inns of Van Diemen's land to Queenstown. Today Hamilton is classified by the National Trust as a historic town and retains many of its old buildings.

10 Tarleton Street, Hamilton, TAS Australia

  • Trip Advisor App Icon
  • Facebook Basic Black

© 2023 by The Hamilton Inn

The grounds